COVID-19 Safety Protocol
The following rules apply to all in-person Valkyrie WMAA activities (including group classes, sparring meet-ups, and private lessons) as of August 18, 2021.
- attendance shall be taken at every class, lesson, and event, and all attendees must provide an email address for the purpose of contact tracing
- you must not attend any in-person activities if you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, if you currently have symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. Common symptoms include:
- new or worsening cough
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- temperature equal to or over 38°C
- feeling feverish
- unusual fatigue or weakness
- muscle or body aches unrelated to exercise
- new loss of smell or taste
- gastrointestinal symptoms (abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting)
- feeling very unwell
- you must not attend any in-person activities if you have had contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- physical distancing will be maintained whenever possible, and all attendees must bring a facemask (non-medical two-layer or three-layer masks are fine)
- your coach or training partner may ask you to put on your mask for certain activities, and you can always ask the person you're working with to put on their mask during paired exercises
- if you refuse to put on a mask or maintain appropriate physical distance when requested, you will be asked to leave, and may be banned from future in-person activities
- masking and distancing requirements apply to everyone, regardless of vaccination status, and we encourage all of our community members who are able to be vaccinated to get both shots of the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible
- if you develop symptoms of COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending an in-person activity, please inform your coach as soon as possible so that they can warn your classmates about a possible exposure. Your name and details of your illness will not be shared with others during this process.
- if you cancel a private lesson or class drop-in session due to suspected or confirmed COVID-19 symptoms or exposure, you will not be charged for the missed activity
If you have any questions or concerns about how things work during the COVID-19 pandemic, require any accommodations around mask wearing due to medical needs, or would like to let your coach know that you are sick, please feel free to contact us.